Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Your Fortune says...

Tonight we decided to head up to Salt Lake Valley for some knock off PF Chang's; food's just as good, but price is about half! Karen and I had been once before, but it was a first for the girls. Click on the title of this post to go to their website and find one near you! (No, I'm not working for them, and I get no commission. I'm just trying to be extremely helpful to you, possibly hungry reader.)

So, we had a great dinner (sorry, no pix, forgot the camera) and a good time. Afterwards, of course, since we're in a chinese restaurant we HAVE to get the fortune cookies! And what, you may ask, did those oh-so-accurate fortunes say? I'm so glad to know you're curious. Here goes...


First Anya's


Okay, so could we get any more "fortune-cookieish"? How exactly do you stay away from your inner self? Or is that opposed to staying close to your outer self? Personally, I'm always real close to all of myself, and I'm pretty confident that Anya is as well. So evidently, she can bank on benefitting in all her ways, no worries.



Next, Emily:
So first of all, when she opened up her fortune cookie...it was empty. Whoa. Really bad omen. No fortune? What horrific event might that portent? So, she quickly got a second cookie, which included the above fortune. And, as she was quick to point out, this fortune is completely true, because school will be out in about a month and we'll be taking a vacation in late May and June, so she is SO gonna be thankful for the pleasures of the coming months. All you doubters, out there...don't hate the fortune.


And then Jenna: Jenna was none too sure about this one, but it is the fortune she pulled, so we must assume there is a grain of truth to be found (because, if you haven't figured out by now, the fortunes are REAL!). We think maybe it means there is some great possibility coming at school, 'cause that's as close to a career as we're getting for a third grader. We'll all keep our eyes peeled for this one to come to fruition.


Karen's:
Duh! That's not a fortune, that's a news report! For Pete's sake, she's a mom, is there a position of higher honor or responsibility? I think not. Next!

The Dad's fortune: YES!! Finally, confirmation of what I've known to be true all along! Dog gone it...people like me! All those Stuart Smalley daily affirmations are really paying off! Feel free to invite me to your next get together, so you'll be sure to have someone to really make the party a hit.

Keep checking those cookies, friends!

2 comments:

The Fox Den said...

I love Pei Wei and I love even more that you are an official blogger!! Your next fortune should read "Hilarious blog posts will continue into your future!" I in no way doubt that I have influenced this blogging decision and take all the credit! Big shout out to The Smiths... you are a tremendous family!

ANNIE said...

I guess we have finally beat you to one. Dow and I have been eating at pei wei for some time now. there are at least 2 in Tulsa. We enjoy them as well especially when we have less time and money!
I noticed you didn't use the ending sentence we use in fortune cookie readings. Do you remember it. I find these quite amusing.