Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Woefully behind

I'm sure you've noticed that there haven't been too many posts on here recently...sorry about that. I've been in a very busy season, as I'm restructuring the worship ministry, and have been having many meetings, phone calls, emails, and lots of planning & scheduling. When I get home, there's homework to help with and some time for all of us to just be together.

So, this has been pushed to the back burner, quite honestly.

Anya is in the midst of tryouts for her schools production of Oklahoma. Yesterday she performed a vocal audition (she sang about 30 bars of My Favorite Things), and today was dance auditions. Both are required auditions if she wants to be in the play. Tonight, they will post a list of people they want for call backs, and if she makes that cut she'll have further auditions tomorrow afterschool. In any case, the cast list will be posted this weekend.

Here we are having practiced her audition song:
In other news, Brooke has moved to Montana. We miss her greatly! However, she left some room spray that she used, and so the girls have been spraying it every so often, to at least have an olfactory reminder of their summer sister. Here they were the morning she left:

And here's a couple of totally unrelated shots of Jenna and Em goofing off with G'pa.

Too fun!! :)

4 comments:

Jstar said...

My audition song was always Let Me Entertain You. I have no idea why... but I was kind of looking forward to singing it for my worship team audition. Maybe you should teach it to Anya? Come on, Gypsy is classic American theatre!

Jstar said...

But I will suggest that Anya's dance audition does *not* come from Gypsy. This is Utah, after all.

Jstar said...

You're either going to think those comments are hilarious or *way* wrong. When you start filtering comments, I'll know which.

The Fox Den said...

Can't wait to hear!!! I think she should perform her audition for us either way. I love her voice!!