Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas fun

For an early Christmas present, we received from our "Honey Karen" and Joe (the affectionate name we have for my aunt and uncle) a gingerbread house kit.

So on the Saturday before Christmas, we began to assemble our confectionary homestead.
It was a team effort, requiring lots of concentration and creativity.
But the final result was most definitely delightful...and delicious.
Big fun for all of us. The girls had done this in the past with their G'ma and G'pa. It was my first gingerbread house ever. Loved it. Might even have to become a holiday tradition.
Thanks Honey Karen for sending that load of yummy construction our way!

Having finished our building project, we headed out for a quick photo shoot.
Quick, I say, because it was about 28 degrees and I told everyone they couldn't wear coats for the pics. They weren't overly fond of me for a few minutes.
But hey, I let 'em wear scarves. Sheesh.
Merry Christmas from the Smithereens!

(and no, I've no idea why there is a random dog in the background of our picture.)

No comments: