Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gingie house

Yeah, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. 

But, you see, I found these bead Christmas ornament kits down in our store room -- I bought them back in 2006 or something -- and they were so cute, and Christmas was only a few weeks away, and we had a free afternoon, and these kits were just sitting there, waiting to be used, so....
We gathered around the table on the deck (this was a couple of weeks ago when it was just mildly cool outside), opened the kits and spilled the beans...er...beads on the crafting surface.
Some wire, some very small beads, some pliers, and a lot of concentration.
And giggles, because those tiny beads never stay where you put them, and several of them are now decorating the moist dirt beneath our deck.
And in the end, some festive little beaded gingerbread houses!
*Please disregard the somewhat maniacal look on my face.  We were having fun.  And I didn't use a chainsaw on anyone's body parts.*

4 comments:

Jstar said...

So fun! I started sewing felt ornaments with the boys this year. It's been... interesting

judy said...

You guys have too much fun! Loved seeing those smiling faces that I love so much.

koxislove said...

Great idea for christmas! If you have some other ideas bring them on! I love to hear them
http://koxislove.blogspot.com/

myrtle said...

WoW! Looks really fun indeed.=D
Heimpflege