Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Dinner

After church on Sunday, we almost always go out to eat (much to the annoyance of our wonderdog, Shelby, who I swear, has the largest bladder of any animal ever formed into being. We leave her home for anywhere from 4-8 hours on Sundays and she NEVER goes in the house.).


Now, I'm sure you may be thinking, "Uh, Rich, going out on Sunday is a pretty lame topic to post. Move it along...." However, I thought it pertinent to include this as our going out to dinner on Sunday is most likely not akin to your going out to dinner on Sunday. (By the way, this pic was from our dinner out today at Red Robin with our totally awesome G'pa!) You see, we live in Utah Valley, which, I believe, is the last place in America that still basically shuts down on Sundays. There's over 450,000 people in our metro area, and yet all day Sunday there is virtually no traffic. We've never had to wait for a table on a Sunday afternoon...never. Not once. Not even on Mother's Day. Today at Red Robin, we got there around 1:30 and there were maybe 1/3 of the tables occupied.


For the first couple of months we lived here, we couldn't believe it. "No wait? On a Sunday? Ever? Where exactly are we living?" Now we just celebrate the fact that our table is always open, no matter where we go!


It's still kind of freaky, but in a good way. Just strange when Saturday the roads and restaurants are all packed and the next day it's like a ghost town. Consider this one more reason to come visit us: a crowdless Sunday meal.


And don't forget our view!

2 comments:

The Fox Den said...

Does G-pa want to adopt a family of seven?

Katherine said...

I do miss those "no-wait Sundays" and I almost have tears in my eyes when I see the picture. That's the view that drew me to Utah 10 years ago and I truly miss those beautiful mountains.

Happy Birthday to Karen. :)