Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Emily is holy...er, hole-y

One of Emily's Christmas gifts, this one from G'pa, was the privilege of getting holes poked into her earlobes. I believe that in biblical times, such an activity denoted enslavement to the one who did the piercing...I'm not sure if Emily realizes what she signed up for with that, but I digress.

Karen, G'pa and lovely Emily headed down to the pain production center, oh, excuse me, the ear piercing counter to pick out her lovely studs and have them forcibly harpooned into her lobes. To be fair, Emily said the actual piercing hurt much less than the pinch to her ear that Mom used to demonstrate about how much pain it would be. I can't imagine that. Seems to me that if someone stuck a sharp needle through the dangly part of my ear, it would smart. A lot. But then, that's why my ears are still unholey.In any case, Emily now has lovely sparkling flowers poking from the bottoms of her ears. They do look great!

But I still say it had to hurt.

Ouch.

1 comment:

The Fox Den said...

Fun! They look beautiful!