Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So long, Mr. Bush

As we prepare to say goodbye to President Bush, I found an article the other day. It's kind of a summation of the man and his presidency as we end our 8 years together.

What I appreciated about the article was it's lack of stridency and cynicism. It seemed to me to present the George W. Bush that I'd always sensed, but rarely saw. And it's by an Associated Press writer (wonder of wonders).

And while I admit I often cringed at his massacre of the English language, and I laughed at Letterman's regular inclusions of him in "Great Moments In Presidential Speeches", I respect him as our President, and have always believed the best of him, that ultimately he made choices by a motivation to do what he thought was right. I can't say I believed that about all those who've served as president in my lifetime.

And incidentally, while I don't agree with most of President-elect Obama's postions, I do respect him and also believe he makes the choices he does for similarly positive reasons.

In any case, click here for a link to the article about President Bush.

No comments: