Blog Family Drawing

by Anya

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Barbie, you need help

I know women like shoes. My wife likes shoes. Not excessively so, but certainly more than me.

I'm content with two brown pairs, a black pair, a dress pair, a few tennies, and some flip-flops and sandals for summer. And I think most guys approach footwear much as I do. Keep it simple.

I'm good with Karen, and women in general, needing more than my basics. I get it. Shoes are an accessory, not just something to keep your feet from getting blisters. Although, I'll never understand why any woman would wear an accessory that causes her feet to get blisters.

But that's not really why I'm writing.

Women like shoes.

Barbie, the impossibly curvaceous Mattel doll, is a woman. Or some facsimile thereof.

So she likes shoes.

I guess I just never realized how much she likes shoes.
The girls pulled out all their Barbie clothes the other day and arranged the shoes so they could see them all.It took a lot of arranging.I think that perhaps Ken needs to stage an intervention.
Barbie has issues.

3 comments:

Laura said...

But the question is: how many Barbies are linked to those shoes? I'm sure if you divide them up she'll seem much less like Amelda Marcos.

Jstar said...

My personal faves in that collection are the fuzzy boots - could we see a Barble ensemble on the blog that features those?

Sumptuous Stitching said...

Also, those big shoes are not for Barbie. She has tiny feet in proprotion to her body. Those big shoes are actually Kens....unless Barbie had feet transplants since I last played with her and that was about 20 years ago...